Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Reflections---missing her

I'm sitting here today reflecting and thinking about my sister-in-law. This time of the year is still hard for me as it brings me closer to the month she was taken away from us. So suddenly. So unexpected.

Thank God, I am a writer. Having this gift has helped me to get through alot. I always want to remember those who I have loved and cared about in a special way.

The one thing that I remember most about Tanya is her smile and how she'd make us laugh. When I think back, I can't recall ever seeing her down or with a frown on her face. She had a wonderful sense of humor. Her three children are just like her in that way. They have adapted her characteristics...the ability to smile.

Just recently, I was with Tanya's children at a college party for Tammie's son (Tanya's twin) and they just had me laughing all afternoon.

I know they miss their mother. But, the spirit in these children made me think...made me reflect. I felt like Tanya was present with us.

No one has to respond to this. I'm just reflecting. I miss my sister-in-law and just needed to jot down a thought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home